Zona Arcade. Construye, Restaura y Decora tu Máquina Arcade y Pinball.

SINGLE PINBALL INSERT PROJECT (SPIP): Requests for design and printing of single units or complete sets of the Pinball Playfields

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 12/2/2024, 15:00     +1   -1

Restless in Peace

Group:
Administrator

SINGLE PINBALL INSERT PROJECT (SPIP): Requests for design and printing of single units or complete sets of the Pinball Playfields

- Introduction

This project arose due to requests received from fans of pinball machines for single inserts from the playing fields, which cannot be satisfied because they would imply spending more money on a complete set of inserts, which would cause said demand to be dismissed, or which are not available anywhere.

- The objective of this project

The objective of this project is to satisfy the current demand for damaged inserts that fans demand and that can be restored and reproduced with all guarantees. This will require quality scanned files or even good photographs that display measurement rules.

The price for the restoration and printed reproduction work will be affordable and will represent more or less little money depending on the complexity of the insert or inserts: size, irregular pre-cutting, need for white ink for reproduction, use of "Color Match" processes "in other cases, etc.

- The guarantees and limitations with the inserts

1) The Guarantees

The guarantees that I give about my own work are all, but only when I have quality material to work with (scanned files and/or good photos). My skills as a graphic designer and digital restorer are very good.

To do a simple and complete restoration of a transparent insert printed with black ink and pre-cut, it can take me 10 minutes.

Making a color insert, in which I have to carry out a "Color Match" process, could take weeks, since I cannot have all the pinball machines in the world and compare my pantone or my color cards with the originals. In this case, the process I follow, if agreed, is to send a color chart to the interested user and tell me which colors match or best fit the originals of the insert being developed for printed reproduction.

"Last Action Hero Pinball - Scope Reticle Insert" (DATA EAST) Restored Mikonos restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Last-Action-Hero-Scope-Reticle-Insert-Restored-Mikonos1

Link with design and printed reproduction: #entry451237304

Still, without following the "color match" process, I could spend 1 hour of work because I have to design the white ink layer and other details.

I also have no limitations regarding the printing materials to use; I can do almost anything and work with translucent, metallic, holographic, brushed vinyl, etc.

2) The Limitations

There are several things about the limitations in my performance; I am a fan, like you, and although my work is professional, I do not have my own print shop to access a better price for the reproductions of the inserts; This implies that it may take me more or less time from when I restore an insert to when I send it by mail.

This is my hobby and designing, restoring and collecting arcade and pinball art is the part that has the most fun for me. That is, I do it for fun and to collect more things. I'm so involved, but my time is finite and I spend a portion of my time restoring and preparing things for printing. I always say the same thing, I'm fast, but I'm not Superman.

As I am human, I cannot dedicate 24 hours a day to just restoring "insert", I have my work life and my personal life apart, and, in addition to that, I restore other much more complex things for the thrill of the challenge, for my own sake. fun and entertainment.

Due to my human condition and personal idiosyncrasy, I do not tolerate rude people, if you are not going to ask me for things politely, I reserve the right to ignore you. I also don't like being made dizzy with requests, which then aren't real. I don't like wasting other people's time, nor do I like them wasting my time.

- The advantages of a project like this

There is a great advantage or a main advantage, which I highlight above others, and that is that I can design inserts, not only like the originals, but a la carte (on demand). This means I can customize cut and size to improve the appearance of the damaged insert and even repair the damaged details around them, making your playfield look better.

In this sense, an insert may not be very different from making a patch for your playfield outside the translucent plastic area. This is just an idea so that you take into account all the possibilities.

The cost of printing and shipping the insert you need is another advantage, as it will be cheaper than buying a complete set of inserts.

Sometimes, we have a slightly damaged insert in our playfield and we don't replace it because it is not worth replacing it because we would have to spend more money on a complete set; With this option this possibility is more viable.

"Monster Bash Pinball Gargle Insert" (WILLIAMS) restored and customized by Mikonos.
Monster-Bash-Custom-Gargle-Insert-Mikonos2

Link:

Edited by Mikonos - 12/2/2024, 16:15

Web  Top
0 replies since 12/2/2024, 15:00   21 views