Zona Arcade. Construye, Restaura y Decora tu Máquina Arcade y Pinball.

New Net City Monitor has no image.

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 13/2/2024, 19:33     +1   -1

Group:

Well looks like I might be the biggest idiot in the history of Arcade screw-ups. I was confident that this orange connector was another audio input like on my Astro and Astro City 2.

I wanted to bypass the internal amp in the New Net City and use my own so I could add a subwoofer and have better sound.

So I made a cable stereo cable using some spare connectors I had. I connected the orange connector to my custom cable the back of an audio amplifier I got from amazon that I have used with other cabs.

When I plugged it in I heard a zap - then my audio amplifier smelled like it was burning - that fried the audio amplifier. I was sad but then I realized that I'm no longer getting picture on the gorgeous New Net City Monitor. I get audio, I hear the monitor's static noise on startup, and when I load a game via NetBooting I hear the clicks of the monitor like its turning off and on when it's sensing a signal but I see nothing on the screen.

I connected an external monitor and I got video on that.

I'm devastated as I think I f'd my whole cab since the monitor is the most valuable part and was reconditioned and recapped before I got it. I have no idea where to start or if there is a fuse or anything to check. I feel horrible right now.

----
Update I checked the fuses I could see on the Monitor Chassis

Edited by segafan1985 - 2/13/2024, 07:44 PM

Attached Image: small1

small1

view post Posted on 13/2/2024, 19:45     +1   -1

Group:

Pic2

Pic 3

Attached Image: small2

small2

view post Posted on 13/2/2024, 19:46     +1   -1

Group:

Pic 3

Attached Image: small 3

small 3

view post Posted on 13/2/2024, 19:47     +1   -1

Group:

Pic 4

Attached Image: small4

small4

view post Posted on 13/2/2024, 20:00     +1   -1

Restless in Peace

Group:
Administrator

The first step is to check the fuses near the monitor's power input. Check that they are not shorted.

Cheers!

Web  Top
view post Posted on 14/2/2024, 01:27     +1   -1

Group:

I checked them all they are unbroken and showing continuity.

It also seems like the screen is stuck displaying gray where all my other powered off cabs look black.

view post Posted on 15/2/2024, 00:40     +1   -1

Restless in Peace

Group:
Administrator

I have seen in your writing that, regarding the fault, you hear a "Click!" sound; This indicates that the problem or one of the problems will be in the power supply area (first phase of the electrical supply circuit).

Specifically, the problem is related to the transistor that regulates the input electrical voltage to the monitor chassis. In the "Hantarex Polo Video-Chasis", the problem is in the “BU508”.

I invite you to see this information in one of our tutorials illustrated with images (use a translator):

Link (you need to be registered): Tutorial: Reparación de cortocircuitos en Chasis arcade "Hantarex Polo"

On the New Net City monitor, the transistor is also easy to locate and, although I don't see it in the photos you uploaded, it must be glued or screwed to a metal sheet that serves as a heat sink, very close to the flyback and glued to the metal sheet that functions as a wall.

Cheers!

Web  Top
view post Posted on 16/2/2024, 00:35     +1   -1

Group:

So it seems like the video comes on 1/4 tries or so. I couldn't locate the transistor. I checked all around the metal shield wall thing.

Attached Image: 1

view post Posted on 16/2/2024, 00:42     +1   -1

Group:

Pics

Attached Image: 2

view post Posted on 16/2/2024, 00:43     +1   -1

Group:

pics

Attached Image: 3

view post Posted on 16/2/2024, 00:44     +1   -1

Group:

pics

Attached Image: 4

view post Posted on 16/2/2024, 00:45     +1   -1

Group:

Pics

Attached Image: 5

view post Posted on 16/2/2024, 00:45     +1   -1

Group:

Pics

Attached Image: 6

view post Posted on 16/2/2024, 12:16     +1   +1   -1

Restless in Peace

Group:
Administrator

As I had told you, the transistor of the first power stage needs a heatsink to evacuate heat and is close to the electrical outlet. I had also told you that it would be attached in some way to the heat sink.

You can see it in the retouched photo.

Transistor with possible failure in New Net City monitor chassis.
New-Net-City-Monitor-transistor-breakdown1

Greetings!

Web  Top
view post Posted on 26/2/2024, 04:28     +1   -1

Group:

I sent it off for repair. But I told the technician to check that. Thank you! I’ll let you know what happens.

15 replies since 13/2/2024, 19:33   108 views